Hi friends! I am Amanda Taylor. I am the owner of Embellished Weddings and so thankful to have an amazing team to help me with all of our weddings! I still plan, consult, and design weddings, but only take a limited number of weddings per year so I can focus on my family.
I am married to a super cute pastor named Colby. We have 6 amazing, wild and beautiful children. We are passionate about Jesus and serving at our local church, Life.Church
. I love running, doing boot camp classes at my gym, reading, listening to podcasts, and taking each of my kids out for some one-on-one time that we call a "date with mommy."
I have been in the wedding industry for over 10 years! I have planned hundreds of weddings over the past ten years. My weddings have been featured in the Brides of Oklahoma magazine, Style me Pretty, Ruffled, Southern Weddings and more! It has been a joy to get to know so many brides, grooms, mother of the brides and bridal party members.
I truly look at wedding planning as an opportunity to serve families. A wedding is a very important and meaningful day. My desire is to help families ENJOY the day and not stress about the day. Leave all of the day-of worries in the hands of a trusted professional. Moms, you are amazing. You really are. But I hate to see mother of the brides missing so many special moments because they are busy with little details. You go back in that bridal suite with your daughter, and I will make sure all of the details come together just as you planned. 🙂
And just for fun, here are 10 random facts about me:
- I studied abroad when I was in college. Traveled all over Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama and Guatemala.
- I have jumped out of a plane. I would show a video of me skydiving, but it was 13 years ago and is on a VHS tape. 🙂
- I have a bit of an obsession with the color turquoise.
- And with the show, Fixer Upper.
- One of my favorite days of the week is Family Day. All 7 of us load up and go out on different adventures around OKC. It's so fun!
- Every now and then, I get to speak at different MOPS Groups. I have a heart for encouraging other moms with small children.
- Once a month, I host a Mom's Night Out at my house. Each month has a different theme. It's something I look forward to every month.
- In 2007 I ran a full marathon. I'm pretty sure it was my first and last full marathon. Whoa dang, that was hard.
- One time, I almost got attacked by a shark in Turks and Caicos. We will save that story for another day.
- I keep a stash of blank cards, envelopes and sharpies in my glove compartment in my car. You never know who might need an encouraging note while you are out running your errands. That's a little about me! Hope to hear a little about you! 🙂
My name is Lauren Corp. I am the Lead Wedding Planner and Designer for Oklahoma with Embellished Weddings!
I joined Embellished Weddings at the beginning of 2017 and have hit the ground running ever since! I love working side by side with each of my brides, and love all the details that go into planning, creating, designing, coordinating, and styling Weddings!
A recent highlight of mine, was having my work featured locally with Brides of Oklahoma, and one of my bride’s Wedding’s featured locally and nationally!
It truly is a joy to be in this business, and I can’t wait to get to know you more!
My goal with my brides is for them to relax and enjoy their Wedding day!
It goes by so fast, so I want my clients to soak up every minute and spend time with their family, friends, and look back on their Wedding day as one of the most fun, enjoyable, and memorable days of their lives!
My husband, Preston, and I were married in 2007 and we have 3 beautiful and wild children!
Preston works in the Oil and Gas Industry, and loves all things business.
He is happiest when he wears a suit and tie - ha!
I love all things creative and artistic, so I would say we balance each other very well! We met while in college at the University of Oklahoma.
We have so many fun memories of our years spent dating while attending OU.
Our family loves Life.Church and are active attendee’s.
We also love attending OU Football games, and OKC Thunder Games.
Family nights are my personal favorite, and Yahtzee is a game where all the kids (and…ahem…myself) can get rowdy while playing!
And just for fun, here are 10 random facts about Lauren:
- I studied and trained in classical ballet for 17 years. Going to the ballet is still one of my most favorite things to do!
- I love to dream up new color schemes, and design styles. Mixing and matching patterns and colors, putting something together that hasn’t been done before, or taking a current trend and putting a fresh twist on it, is the kind of stuff that gets me out of bed in the morning!
- In college I went on a mission trip to Mozambique, Africa. I stayed at a Christian Orphanage for 2 weeks. It was an incredible experience and I am 100% positive that those children made more of an impact on me than I did on them!
- I love listening to other pastors preach through podcasts! My favorites are Matt Chandler, Rick Warren and Steven Furtick. I also love the podcast “How I Built This” by Guy Razz. It’s so inspiring to hear how other business leaders got started and worked to see their dreams come to life.
- I am TERRIFIED of spiders and snakes! If you want to see me squeal and run (fast!) then put 1 of those icky things in my line of vision!
- I am passionate about taking care of the marginalized. Our family is involved with supporting a Christian anti-human trafficking organization, and we also sponsor children through Compassion.
- Quality time is my love language. My favorite moments are spent on dates with my husband, and 1-on-1 dates with my kids.
- My favorite vacation ever was to Napa, California. Preston and I celebrated 8 years of marriage while on that trip.
- I love to workout. Strength-training is my usual workout routine, but will also force myself to run sprints or do a HIIT cardio, just to keep things balanced!
- My favorite lipstick in the whole wide world is Raspberry Pink by Bobbi Brown!
Hi everyone! My name is Keely Merritt. I am a Lead Wedding Planner and Designer for Oklahoma with Embellished Weddings! I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations and a minor in General Business. I was born and raised in Edmond, Oklahoma. As of right now, I attend Life.Church. I really cherish quality time with my friends and family. I love to relax at home and watch Netflix series, but I also love a night out every once and awhile. Embellished Weddings has been such a blessing in my life. These lovely Christian ladies have become role models in my life. Not only do I look up to them, but I consider them my good friends. We have so much fun together! (Especially when we’re 10+ hours into a wedding day, that’s when the best memories happen!) My goal as a Wedding Planner is to take the stress away from brides, therefore they can enjoy the most special day of their lives! I want to make their wedding day everything they have hoped and dreamed of. Most importantly, I am a very outgoing person and want to form relationships with each and every bride I work with. Lastly, here are 10 random facts about me, just for fun!
- My favorite movie of all time is The Proposal. I could probably quote most of the movie.
- I love all things fashion, accessories and beauty/skin care products. I enjoy following bloggers, therefore I always want to try everything they suggest. (side note, I have always thought about starting a fashion blog…maybe someday!)
- I am OBSESSED with my planner and writing down everything I need to accomplish. I love crossing things off my to-do list while using my collection of different colored pens.
- My favorite animal has always been a Hippo. When I was younger I would beg my parents to get me a pygmy hippo and say I would keep it in my bath tub? Haha!
- I am absolutely terrified of clowns, spiders and snakes. I will run, jump and scream so fast if I see any of these in person. My friends think it’s funny to send me those three things on social media…I throw my phone and scream every time.
- My favorite workout is Barre. I am a member at Balance Yoga Barre and love the intense muscle sculpting workout. Small movements=great workout! I don’t enjoy high intensity workouts and I am not a runner at all!
- I love all things neutral, that is all you will see in my closet too.
- Christmas is my favorite Holiday. I love giving presents, and receiving them (who doesn’t?) But most of all, I LOVE watching Hallmark Movies for 2 months straight!
- I’m not a coffee drinker, therefore Green Tea and half sweet, half unsweet Tea are my go-to’s!
- Last, but not least…I am dying to get a Golden Doodle!!! They are my favorite dog every and I follow lots on InstagramJ
Hi! I'm Karlee and I am our Lead Planner and Designer in the Northwest Arkansas area. I was born and raised in Texas. I grew up in Killeen, Texas. During my middle school and high school years I was a cheerleader. I then went to Southern Nazarene University to get my degree. I met my husband Aaron, at SNU. We got engaged our senior year and married the summer after graduation in 2008. I got her first teaching job at Bethany High School as a Special Education English teacher. Shortly after the year started, God called Aaron to a youth pastor position at Living Word Church of the Nazarene. Aaron and I packed up and moved to Houston, TX in November 2008. We served in youth ministry at LWN for 3 1/2 years. During our time in Houston, we welcomed their first child, a son named Brody. In June of 2012, the Lord called again. He called us to Bentonville Church of the Nazarene in Bentonville, AR. We have been serving in youth ministry in the NWA area for almost 5 years. In 2014, we welcomed our second child, a daughter named Payton. I am currently a Math Special Education teacher at a junior high in Bentonville. Our third child, a boy named Brecken was born on April 7, 2017. I am also the founder of The What If Movement. This is a movement to help others in need. Through this, I have raised almost $10,000 in funds to help provide clean water for those in need and to help refugees resettling in the USA. I have also helped make large donations to an orphanage in Ethiopia to help meet their needs. I have always loved designing, creating, and helping people. I am very excited to meet with clients and help them have their dream wedding. I know the NWA area very well and am eager to help anyone in need of a wedding planner in the area.
And just for fun, here are 10 random facts about Karlee:
- One of my favorite trips of all time was to Southern India in 2010.
- I have been a youth pastor's wife and a girls small group leader for 8.5 years.
- I cheered for 10 years and coached for 3 years and won a National Cheer competition in 2000.
- I have taught special needs children for 8 years.
- I was 7 weeks premature and born weighing 4 pounds.
- I love to have all of my stuff organized but hate actually organizing it myself.
- I have swam with and fed dozens of sting rays before.
- I'm kind of obsessed with all things floral.
- And with Dr. Pepper. (see above)
- I'm a wimp when it comes to all things haunted (houses, mazes, movies, etc.) If you need a good laugh, just spook me and be ready to run after me! I'm definitely a flight girl.