- I studied abroad when I was in college. Traveled all over Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama and Guatemala.
- I have jumped out of a plane. I would show a video of me skydiving, but it was 13 years ago and is on a VHS tape. 🙂
- I have a bit of an obsession with the color turquoise.
- And with the show, Fixer Upper.
- One of my favorite days of the week is Family Day. All 7 of us load up and go out on different adventures around OKC. It's so fun!
- Every now and then, I get to speak at different MOPS Groups. I have a heart for encouraging other moms with small children.
- Once a month, I host a Mom's Night Out at my house. Each month has a different theme. It's something I look forward to every month.
- In 2007 I ran a full marathon. I'm pretty sure it was my first and last full marathon. Whoa dang, that was hard.
- One time, I almost got attacked by a shark in Turks and Caicos. We will save that story for another day.
- I keep a stash of blank cards, envelopes and sharpies in my glove compartment in my car. You never know who might need an encouraging note while you are out running your errands. That's a little about me! Hope to hear a little about you! 🙂
My name is Lauren Corp. I am the Lead Wedding Planner for the OKC area. My husband, Preston, and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage this year! We met while in college at the University of Oklahoma. We have so many wonderful memories of our years spent dating while living in Norman, Ok and attending OU. We got married a year after we graduated in June of 2007.
In 2008 I worked for Life.Church in their children’s ministry. Our family loves Life.Church and still are active attendee’s. My job’s main goal was to keep the kid’s ministry organized, and running efficiently. I loved it! I love to organize, simplify, and think about how to make things run more efficiently. I tend to geek out over planning events, writing lists, and thinking about how to make things beautiful!!
In 2010 Preston and I welcomed our first son, Creighton Reynolds, into our family. In 2012 our second son, Graham Preston, arrived. Having 2 boys has been absolute blast! They are the best of buddies!! In 2016 our first girl joined our family, Penelope Ann. She has been such a treasure! And yes, there is a bow in her hair almost everyday! Ha!
One of my favorite memories from Preston and I's wedding was when we said our vows. They were very simple and straightforward, but so powerful. I knew after that moment in our ceremony that my life would be forever different, but in the best kind of way! God has been so faithful and good to us. Marriage truly is a gift from Him! I cannot wait to meet with future bride's, meet their future groom, family members and talk, plan and gush over your special Wedding Day!!!
And just for fun, here are 10 random facts about Lauren:
- I studied and trained in classical ballet for 17 years. Going to the ballet is still one of my most favorite things to do!
- My favorite color is white! Technically white is the combination of all colors, which makes it the best color to start with because it goes with everything!!
- In college I went on a mission trip to Mozambique, Africa. I stayed at a Christian Orphanage for 2 weeks. It was an incredible experience and I am 100% positive that those children made more of an impact on me than I did on them!
- I love listening to other pastors and Christian speakers preach through podcasts! My favorites are Matt Chandler, Joyce Meyer, and Sally Clarkson.
- I am TERRIFIED of spiders and snakes! If you want to see me squeal and run (fast!) then put 1 of those icky things in my line of vision!
- I am passionate about taking care of the marginalized. Our family is involved with supporting a Christian anti-human trafficking organization, and we also sponsor children through Compassion.
- Quality time is my love language. My favorite moments are spent on dates with my husband, and 1-on-1 dates with my boys.
- My favorite vacation ever was to Napa, California. Preston and I celebrated 8 years of marriage while on that trip.
- I love to workout. I’m more of a “low impact” kind of girl, so walking and Pilates are some of my favorite ways to exercise.
- My favorite lipstick in the whole wide world is Raspberry Pink by Bobbi Brown!
- One of my favorite trips of all time was to Southern India in 2010.
- I have been a youth pastor's wife and a girls small group leader for 8.5 years.
- I cheered for 10 years and coached for 3 years and won a National Cheer competition in 2000.
- I have taught special needs children for 8 years.
- I was 7 weeks premature and born weighing 4 pounds.
- I love to have all of my stuff organized but hate actually organizing it myself.
- I have swam with and fed dozens of sting rays before.
- I'm kind of obsessed with all things floral.
- And with Dr. Pepper. (see above)
- I'm a wimp when it comes to all things haunted (houses, mazes, movies, etc.) If you need a good laugh, just spook me and be ready to run after me! I'm definitely a flight girl.